Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Not Just a Wedding Photographer

Many people I meet automatically assume that as a wedding photographer, all I do is take photos the day of the wedding. Who wouldn't honestly? Before I actually became a wedding photographer I thought the same thing, so I completely understand! While yes, most of what I do the day of the wedding is take photos, many times I do so much more! My camera bag consists of more than just memory cards and lenses. I also carry bobby pins, oil blotters, eye drops and tissues. All of which I use at almost every wedding. Each wedding is different from the next but one thing that I normally help with is cordinating. A lot of times I have to help the bridesmaids and groomsmen know when to walk because a cordinator is not always there. I also help the dj cordinate the events that happen during the reception. The bride and groom are usually off enjoying the delicious food or greeting all of their wonderful guests, so instead of interupting, I usually help the DJ in cordinating the dances, bouquet toss and garter toss. In all of this I am always focused on taking the best photos for each couple. Oh the wonders of multi-tasking! Truth be told, I love every aspect of weddings, even when I have to go outside of being a photographer. I believe it is my job to not only be the best photographer I can be but to also make each wedding day the best day every bride and groom have. I think that's all the ranting I can come up with this time but here are some extra sneak peeks only to be seen on the blog!





No comments:

Post a Comment