Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday- Where do I go from here?

Well, this weeks post is going to be pretty short... but sweet. Obviously this time of year is pretty slow in this business. A lot of people had family portraits done for the holiday's and are recovering from all of the money they spent. In this down time I mostly just focus on being with my family and getting ready for business to pick up again. I feel as if this year is going to be different. I just have this feeling that it's going to be my time to really show people what I've got and kind of decide where I want my business to take me. I've recently started talking with someone who is just started out in the photography world. It's been so great because it's got me so excited about my photography all over again. Not that I was really burnt out or anything, but all the talk about photography has really got me thinking. Where do I want my business to go? What do I want my focus to be? Ever since I started on my photography adventure I've known that I've wanted my main priority to be weddings. I just have such a connection with weddings and the couples I meet. In making my focus be mainly on weddings, engagement sessions will be at the top as well. The other areas I would like to focus on is Maternity and babies. I think the main reason these for sessions are the ones I want to focus on is because I feel like I am most inspired by them. I love all the families I meet when I do family sessions but Weddings, engagements, maternity, and babies just hold a special place in my heart. Starting in the year 2013 I will be starting to gear my business more towards these four areas. I'm not saying I won't be doing any other types of sessions, but these will be my focus. I can't wait to dive in!
 

 




 

 

 





2 comments: