Saturday, July 14, 2012

Nicole & Pistol: Pet Photography

When I first started out on my photography venture, I figured along the way I would dabble in pet photography. When I say dabble I thought mainly dogs. Thankfully what I thought wasn't the exactly right. I have been so blessed to have done three different sessions with some of my favorite animals, horses! To me horses represent beauty, power, confidence and so much more. Pistol brought nothing less to our shoot. She let you know what she was thinking at all times and was far more beautiful in person than any photograph could capture. I loved the bond that I could clearly see between Nicole and Pistol. One hard thing about horse sessions is getting their ears to be how you want them to be! Sometimes the horse's ears will both be back, one back, or every which way. This can be cute but the best way to have a horse's ears are perked up. Well in order to get pistol to be alert Nicole's friend would wave a plastic bag (sometimes running or jumping up and down behind me!) to catch pistols attention. In some photographs she is literally right outside the frame, laying on the ground waving the bag around! It was so funny but definitely worked! Oh the things that happen behind the scenes! Anyways, here are some awesome shots from my session with Nicole and Pistol.


























No comments:

Post a Comment