Thursday, August 15, 2013

Sweet Baby Addison- Sacramento Newborn Photographer

A few weeks back I was able to meet Addison's mom, Kari, in person. It was at Avery's 1st birthday party. Kari was overdue and ready for her sweet little girl to enter the world! It was less than a week later that little Addison made her cameo. I typically try to photograph newborns when they are four to ten days old. For me that is a good time because enough of the swelling from birth has gone down, they are still in their sleepy phase, and most babies don't have much or any baby acne yet. It was perfect because we were able to set the session for when Addison was four days old, a Saturday! I wanted to do at least some of her newborn photos outdoors but when I arrived at their house in Fairfield, I realized it was too windy and chilly to do so. It ended up working out because Kari and John's house had such great light! We started in the dining room on their kitchen table. I loved that they had a glass table that reflect the light in such a beautiful way. I just LOVE how simple Addison's session turned out! I think sometimes newborn sessions can become to overdone, and more about props rather than the precious baby. Don't get me wrong, I'm not completely against props, but I love being able to let the baby be the main focus, I mean that's the point right?! We then moved to Kari and John's room for some family photos and then in to Addison's room. Again, I loved how simple their rooms were because they were PERFECT for the photos! I'm so happy with the lighting in the photos and how nothing in the background is overshadowing Addison. She is such a beautiful baby! Kari and John you have such a GORGEOUS family and I hope we can work with each other again!
















No comments:

Post a Comment