Thursday, November 29, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday- What to Expect!

In the past three years of my photography journey, I have heard more often than not, "We've never done this before, what do we do?" or " I'm not very photogenic so you'll have to really help me!" My answer to the first "Well, I have, so I know what to do!" and to the second "Most people are more photogenic than they think!" Want to know what makes someone "photogenic" in my opinion? PERSONALITY! Some of my favorite photos are ones that you can see the person's personality beaming right off the print, or screen I should really say! In the beginning of a session, things can be a little tense. This is completely normal. In a lot of cases this is the first time I am meeting everyone involved in the shoot, and like the question above, most people have never done a photo session before. This is when my job really starts. I believe it is my job to get photos that show each person's personality. Normally, I can be pretty timid when I'm first meeting someone, but at photo shoots, for some reason, I'm don't feel shy or timid. I think because I know my clients are usually unsure of what to do or how to pose/move and I just get so excited to photograph new people! I try and make my clients feel as comfortable and at ease as possible. We want natural relaxed photos, not stiff generic ones! Most of my sessions end in laughter and smiles, so that's a good sign right?

Now another thing I have been frantically asked on numerous occasions is, " What am I supposed to wear!?" Well, no need to worry, I can help you with that also! As I'm sure a lot of you already know, there is this awesome site, www.pinterest.com. There are so many amazing things you can find on pinterest. One of which is different outfit ideas! I have created an entire board filled with different ideas on what to wear. My board has many different outfit inspirations and color combination ideas. This new era of photography is not like the old. No more one color pallets or boring khakis! We, photographers LOVE when families come to a shoot in different color combinations and patterns that compliment each other. Key word here is "compliment", we don't want to go overboard! Every person in a session is an individual with an individual personality. Their clothing should reflect the who they are! One other thing I ask of my clients is to not where clothing that has characters or logos. I find these to be distracting and they take away from the photographs.

As of now that's all I can really think of, but if any of you have any questions concerning a photo session with me, please email me! I would love to answer any and all questions you may have. If you are interested in a session with me please email me at jhallphotograph@gmail.com. Here are a few ideas from previous sessions I have had! Also please feel free to follow my board!









2 comments:

  1. good one girl!and I didnt know about your board about the outfits on pinterest! ill have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and yes you have to check it out! :)

    ReplyDelete