Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday- Fleeting Moments

Last night I was scratching my head trying to figure out what to write for this week's "Thoughtful Thursday". I was talking to my close friend Katelyn about being a parent, how quickly time goes by and how fast things change. It got me to thinking about how fast my boys are growing up and how thankful I am for all the photos I have taken of them. How great it is that my profession helps me remember to snap those priceless memories of my children. Then it just clicked, I should write about that!
I have heard from so many people of older generations that you'll never take enough photographs. That as you have more children you take less and less photos. Well, I refuse to succumb to that idea. I want to remember my children at every age. Remember how their features changed as they grow older. I think we want to believe that we will remember, that we will never forget those little things. My older son is almost four and I know there are many things I would have forgotten if I didn't have photographs to spark the memory. I guess my tip or my "thought" is take photos of your children. They don't have to be amazing but just take them! I will say, don't forget about getting professional photos done. You obviously retain memories from just everyday photos but it's something entirely different with professional photographs. First off, you get everyone in the photos! In my case, I'm barely in any of our day to day photos, because I'm always taking them! When we get our photos professionally taken, I able to get some priceless images of my boys and me. Everyone is focused, you can see features clearly, beautiful lighting, and a different story being told.
Life goes by so quickly, it's hard to take a moment and slow down. I think photographs allow you to take a breath, relax, see what is happening. They also allow you to go back in time, remember what once was. Something I think most people don't know, something that is very personal, is that my mother passed away when I was sixteen. Oh how I treasure the photographs I have of her, and how I wish I had professional ones. Ones of us all together, letting our love and joy beam out of the photographs. So, I guess once again I am saying, take photos! Lots of them! When you think you have enough take a few more. I know that professional photographs can be expensive but try your best, because I think in the end they will mean more than you could ever imagine.

Here are a few of my boys, okay maybe a more than a few...



























2 comments:

  1. aww seeing josiah get older! i cant belive how much hes grown! i barely rememeber that cute little 2 year old <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! He seriously is getting so old! I can't believe he's going to be 4 in 4 months! So fast :(

      Delete