Monday, February 4, 2013

Destanie & Justin- Sacramento Engagement Photographer

In one of my recent Thoughtful Thursday posts, I talked about starting to focus my photography on the areas that I enjoy the most, Weddings, engagements, maternity and babies. Destanie and Justin were a great example as to why I love engagement sessions so much. We had originally planned to shoot our session in Downtown Sacramento at the ice rink and then to move somewhere more in nature. When I arrived at their home Destanie informed me that Justin wasn't really wanting to shoot where there were a lot of people. Being new to the area and still not knowing too many places to shoot I was a little frantic at first. Then I remembered this great location by the Sacramento Zoo. Sometimes things change and you just have to go with it. Honestly, I'm really glad we changed our locations. Even though I would have loved to do a shoot at the ice rink, the pictures wouldn't have turned out nearly as great as they did if Justin wasn't comfortable. Also I think the locations we ended up using, fit them really well. I really try to pick locations specific to each client that fits their personality and type of session. Justin and Destanie were so easy to photograph. Destanie was seriously a natural in front of the camera. Even though Justin was a little uneasy about pictures I think he did great too! I really didn't have to direct them that much and I could just feel the love they had for each other. I think that's one of the reasons why I love engagements so much. Being engaged is such an amazing time in ones life and it's filled with so much excitement and love, that it makes photographing a couple so easy and inspiring. I can't wait to photograph their wedding later this year! It's always so much fun to photograph a friends wedding! Thanks again Destanie and Justin for choosing me!

























No comments:

Post a Comment