Friday, July 12, 2013

Sean- Michael & Ariana- Chico, Ca Proposal/Engagement Photographer

I have this bucket list for my photography that I keep in my head and I'm constantly adding to it. Thinking of that, I should probably write those down! Among those, I have always wanted to photograph an engagement. I think the main reason is because it's such an organic, emotional time. I don't have to ask the couple to pose or try to coax emotion out of them, it's already there! I was so excited when Sean- Michael wrote me asking if that was something I was interested in. I'm pretty sure I wrote him back with a big, fat " YES!" Probably the best part of this, is that I actually went to High School with Ariana. We haven't spoken since graduation so it was such an amazing time to be reintroduced into her life. Sean- Michael and I scouted the perfect location a few weeks prior to the date he decided on. I loved where we picked. Under a canopy of trees and right by the creek. It turned out to be great since she couldn't really hear the noise I was making when I was moving around! I will be honest, I felt like a total creeper hiding in the bushes. HAHAHA I was standing by a walking path and there had been a few people who walked by and I just wished I could hear what they were thinking! Being the blubbering baby I am, I totally cried once I was able to get talk with them! Seriously though, how could I not?! Once we got our tears wiped away and emotions (slightly) under control we moved on to engagement photos. Let me just say, I wish more guys would hire me to do this. HINT HINT GUYS! Okay more like big sign waving in the air! HAHA I don't think I ever had to tell them to smile or kiss. I think I actually had to tell them to stop smiling so much, which actually ended up in even more smiling and laughing! Although we weren't able to shoot during my preferred time of day, I still love how the photos turned out. I just love this couple and really feel such a connection to their story! I CANNOT wait to shoot their wedding this October! Thank you again for making me a part of your story Sean- Michael and Ariana!








































4 comments:

  1. Jessie! Thank you so much for capturing these amazing moments that I will have forever to keep! I get tears in my eyes every time I see these! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ari I could not be more happy with that response! I feel like that's my whole purpose of being a photographer, to capture those irreplaceable moments and bring emotions to those who see them. can't wait for your wedding!

      Delete
    2. ahhh I love it! Great job Jess and congrats Ariana!! I have some misty eyes... shhh

      Delete